Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I'm back and I'm better!!!!


Aquene,
Kuttobotanimish for taking the time to check out my blog. It has been quite sometime since my last post; however, the work behind the scenes hasn't stopped or even slowed down! There is much to catch you all up on.

Shinnecock Legal Team Member Kelly Dennis,
John Dossett NCAI General Counsel at
Havard Law Native People's Native Politics Conference 
I am currently working at the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center and am working closely with the nation's top researchers. It's important we (as indigenous people) become literate on the terms used in the academia world as well as the legal world. Interestingly enough they speak the same language
I am also doing executive work for the National Association for Cultural and Heritage Preservation; which is a newly founded organization that vests its best interest in preserving the culture and heritage of indigenous peoples nationally. After returning from the 2015 Justice or Else Million Man March I was asked to sit on the board of the Unite or Die Campaign  as the Native American Liaison. Communities from all around the world have many similarities in not only history but in today's society. Unite or Die's mission is to unite these communities. (nearly running out of breathe)...and of course there are over 7 social media platforms I manage and create content for...
Lead Organizer for #HIPHOP4FLINTPVD 

For my new followers, most of the posts are focused on what others are doing throughout the world, not so much myself...lol I just was hoping to give some insight of what's happening behind the scenes. As you can see, I haven't much time to post like I was before, but I will do my best to post here and there because there are some amazing things happening in "Indian Country". The more positive energy that can be spread throughout our communities the stronger we will become.

My intentions with the posts going forward are to help in the awakening on the conscious mind of the rising leadership in our communities as well as spark transparent communication with our current leadership. Who is "leadership" you may ask? The content in which I am using the term leadership is referring to "any" type of role in our communities, political, spiritual, household, peer to peer, educational, governmental, diplomatic, legal, historically,state, or federally recognized tribes. Often times when the term tribal leadership is used it tends to be only used for those who are in the tribal governmental structures, but our tribal life ways are lead by many individuals throughout our tribal communities. The intent to awaken the consciousness of our communities is in hopes to bring back our traditional ways of community. As a collective we have began to become so far assimilated we are losing the wellness of our communities. We must resurrect the traditional ways to maintain our well-being.


No comments:

Post a Comment